Friday 3 August 2012

If a man posts his first blog, and there is nobody around to read it, is he really wasting his time?



Blog Entry #1

I’m not sure why I’m doing this, but I thought I would give this a go. I’m not even sure that there will be even a second instalment to this.

I had better give you a brief insight into myself, and what I hope to achieve from this blog (to tell you the truth I don’t even know what the word blog means, and I’m too lazy and don’t care enough to even Google it), I think I’m just using it to explain, vent, communicate with like minded individuals, that share similar interests with me (is that the point of every blog?).... (Have I used enough brackets in this more-than-likely grammatically incorrect sentence?).

My name is Troy Spacie, and I am a writer. In calling myself a writer, I feel like a pretentious twat, and I’m not even sure if that is how I should introduce myself.

A writer?

All I’ve written is a six episode mockumentary comedy series, which I hope to get made some day. I am in the process of developing a new series, and also contemplating taking the time to write some spec scripts of already developed shows, as both a practice exercise and to potentially build a portfolio.

I think I will post a follow up blog about my experiences with trying to get my TV show out there – however that will take some time and effort to write.

My interests lie in all (read: Most) things film, television, music, and literary areas. (read: mostly mainstream books – I have no desire to read anything by Ernest Hemingway, or William Shakespeare, just to sound like I have some sort of credibility)

This first blog will probably be all over the place until I figure out exactly what I want to say with this...maybe I will leave up to the readers (if there will ever be any) to tell me what direction this thing will take.

I think I want this to be interactive with readers, to discuss anything I’ve written about.

I might just post a top 3 favourite things in a few categories to get things rolling.

3 Favourite Films (probably – such a hard thing to choose):

(1)


(2)



(3)


Honorable mention:


3 Favourite Television Shows (again, probably...)

(1)
 (2)


(3)


Honorable mention:


3 Favourite bands/artists (and again, probably..)

(1)

(2)
    
(3)



Honorable mention:


I will probably cop some criticism for the above, and I hope to...I need a jumping off point for whatever this blog is, and I hope this is it.

I know the above is very basic, but until I know what it is I want to achieve from all this, I will start off very basic.

If there is anybody out there, please feel free to comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment